The 23rd Sarajevo Film Festival (SFF) closed last night with the Open Air screening of “Baby Driver“ by Edgar Wright. Following the film, the Festival closing was marked with a firework display over the city.
During the eight days of the 23rd Sarajevo Film Festival, numerous eminent filmmakers presented their work to the audience including Honorary Heart of Sarajevo Award Recipients John Cleese and Oliver Stone.
This year’s SFF lasted the day shorter, but it brought more films than ever on several new locations in Sarajevo. Within 18 programs, 235 films were shown in the National Theater, Raiffaisen Summer Cinema, Cinema Meeting Point, Multiplex Cinema City, Sarajevo Summer Screen, Youth Theater, Novi Grad Cinema, Cinema Novi Grad and MMC Cinema Ilidža.
The biggest interest, as in previous years, was shown by the audience for projections in the popular Metalc, and tonight they had the opportunity to watch the last film from Open Air 23rd SFF. After presenting the film ” Baby Driver ” of American director Edgar Wright, the director of the festival Purivatra thanked them for being part of the most successful edition of the SFF so far.
“This was the biggest festival, I thank all those who worked at the festival, more than 700 people were dedicated to this project, of which 300 were volunteers, and I would like to thank them for everything they have done. After all the festival screenings, I hope that Sarajevo will live 365 days as the eight of these people have lived. We close the festival with fireworks, and for you all the Blue Orchestra plays for you free of charge. Thank you for being part of our story.” said Purivatra to gathered crowd in Metalc.
23RD SARAJEVO FILM FESTIVAL IN NUMBERS:
- 235 films from 54 countries
- 18 programmes
- 363 employees
- 250 volunteers
- more than 1300 guests
- more than 700 media representatives from 26 countries
- more than 100.000 visitors
HEART OF SARAJEVO FOR BEST FEATURE FILM
- SCARY MOTHER / SASHISHI DEDA Georgia, Estonia
HEART OF SARAJEVO FOR BEST DIRECTOR
- EMANUEL PÂRVU – MEDA OR THE NOT SO BRIGHT SIDE OF THINGS / MEDA SAU PARTEA NU PREA FERICITĂ A LUCRURILOR Romania
HEART OF SARAJEVO FOR BEST ACTRESS
- Ornela Kapetani, DAYBREAK / DITA ZË FILL
HEART OF SARAJEVO FOR BEST ACTOR
- Şerban Pavlu, MEDA OR THE NOT SO BRIGHT SIDE OF THINGS / MEDA SAU PARTEA NU PREA FERICITĂ A LUCRURILOR
HEART OF SARAJEVO FOR BEST SHORT FILM
- INTO THE BLUE / U PLAVETNILO – Croatia, Slovenia
HEART OF SARAJEVO FOR BEST STUDENT FILM
- CLEAN / ČISTOĆA – Bosnia and Herzegovina
HEART OF SARAJEVO FOR BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM
- CITY OF THE SUN / MZIS QALAQI – Georgia, USA, Qatar, Netherlands
SPECIAL JURY PRIZE FOR COMPETITION PROGRAMME DOCUMENTARY FILM
- KINDERS – Austria
HUMAN RIGHTS AWARD
- GAY SYRIA – Turkey, France, Germany
HONORARY HEART OF SARAJEVO
- John Cleese, Actor
- Oliver Stone, Director
- THE FROG, by Elmir Jukić
- THE PUTIN INTERVIEWS, by Oliver Stone
Young Audience Award:
- MEN DON’T CRY, by Alen Drljević